Subscribe Our Channel

Paragraph | Shat Gambuj Masjid/ Visit To A Historical Interest

Visiting  a place for increasing knowledge and getting pleasure. I am also curious to visit historical places. A few days ago i along with my family visited the historical Shat Gambuj Masjid. It is at Bagerhat near Sundarbans. Ullagh Khan Jahan Ali, a famous Muslim saint, founded it in mid 15th century. The mosque bears the testimony of the Mughal architecture. It has 77 squat domes. It has 7 chauchala domes. It has 18 arched doorways for ventilation and light. It has 7 longitudinal aisles and 11 deep bays by a forest of slender stones columns. The mosque looks very plain. But the interior western wall of the mosque is beautifully decorated with terracotta flowers and foliage. I came to know that Khan Jahan Ali used the mosque as a prayer hall as well as his court. I also saw a vast sweet water tank beside the mosque. Really I enjoyed my visit very much.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url