Subscribe Our Channel

Story | The Camel, The Jackal And The Crow

A long time ago, in a thick forest in Botswana, there was a lion named Wils. He had three loyal servants—a leopard, a jackal, and a crow. One day, the crow noticed a strange creature approaching. He flew back to his friends and said, "Someone unusual is coming this way. We should be careful."

"I am the king of the jungle," said the lion. "Why should I be afraid? Let's go and meet this creature." 

When they saw the animal, they were all surprised. They had never seen such a creature before, with long legs and a big hump on its back. "Who is it, and what is it doing in my jungle?" asked the lion.

"I am Todi, the camel," he said. "I was part of a trade caravan, but I lost my way. Please help me!"

Feeling sorry for the camel, the lion asked him to stay with them. The other three servants were not happy, but they had to respect the lion's decision. 

Days went by, and one day the lion got into a big fight with an elephant. The lion was badly injured and too weak to hunt for food. 

His servants were too lazy to hunt and provide food for the lion. The jackal took the crow aside and said, "Friend, why don't we kill the camel and survive?"

"That's a good idea, but how can we do it? Our lord promised to protect him," said the crow.

Together, they secretly planned to kill the camel. With tears in their eyes, they went to the lion. "There is no food in the forest, my lord," said the cunning crow. "But I offer myself for your meal."

"No, your body is too small to satisfy my hunger," said the jackal, showing his loyalty. "Let me sacrifice myself. It's the least I can do for you, my lord."

The leopard interrupted and said, "Oh lord, I am bigger than my friends. So let me give my life to save yours."

Meanwhile, the camel had been listening silently. He thought, "Let me offer myself too." Hoping for support from his friends, the camel said, "My friends, you have been serving our lord for years. It will be hard for him to kill one of you. Will you all allow me to offer myself?"

The camel then stepped forward and asked the lion to have him for that day's meal. Without hesitation, the jackal and the leopard attacked the camel and tore him into pieces.

Moral: It is wise to choose your friends carefully.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url