Subscribe Our Channel

Story | The Day Dreamer

Once upon a time, in a small village, there was a lazy Brahmin named Ramdas. He didn't like doing any work and spent his whole day just daydreaming. Whenever he felt hungry, he would go outside, beg for food, come back home, and be lazy again.

One sunny afternoon, Ramdas felt extremely hungry. It was really hard for him, but he managed to get up and stretch his arms. As he stepped out of his hut, he said, "What a beautiful day! I wish I could go back to sleep. But then I would have to go out and find food."

After taking a bath, Ramdas took a bowl and went out to beg for food. He knocked on someone's door and said, "Hello! Is anyone home?" The person inside asked, "Who's there?" Ramdas replied, "Please give me something to eat, kind lady. If you do, God will fulfill all your dreams!"

After begging the whole day, he finally managed to get a pot full of milk. He hung the pot on the ceiling, lay down on his bed, and started daydreaming again. He thought to himself, "This pot of milk will make me rich! I will turn the milk into curds and make butter from it. With the butter, I can make ghee. I'm really clever!"

He continued his dream, "Then I'll go to the market and sell the ghee. With the money I earn, I'll buy a pair of goats. After six months, the goats will have kids, and soon I'll have a whole herd of goats." He kept imagining, "Then I'll keep expanding my business. I'll trade the goats for cows and buy more cows. I'll have my own farmhouse and start a dairy farm. Once I earn a good amount of money, I'll hire people to work on my farm. I can even open a sweet shop in the village center and make sweets from the cow's milk." The Brahmin smiled to himself, thinking about all these plans.

He thought, "I'm so smart! The day I become a rich businessman, I'll build a big house in the middle of the village. It will have a beautiful garden and a swimming pool in front of it. I'll wake up early in the morning and take a bath in the blue waters of the pool. The village headman, impressed by my luxurious lifestyle, will come to my house and ask for my daughter's hand in marriage."

Ramdas continued dreaming, "After getting married, I'll make my wife work all day long. And if she fights with me, I'll kick her!" Lost in his thoughts, he kicked his foot in the air, accidentally breaking the pot and spilling all the milk on himself.

He saw the broken pot and cried. He realized that he had lost everything because of his laziness and daydreaming.

The moral of the story is that if you want to achieve your goals in life, it's best to work hard and not just dream.

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url