Subscribe Our Channel

The Wolf and The Doctor Crane

A Story About Doing a Good Deed: The Wolf and The Doctor Crane

Once upon a time, in a big forest, there was a wolf who was really hungry. He hadn't eaten for a few days and was searching for something to eat. One day, he saw a nice, plump goat and thought, "I'm so hungry! That goat would make a delicious meal."

The goat saw the hungry wolf and got scared. "Oh no, the wolf is coming towards me! I have to run and save myself!" So, the goat started running away. But before the poor goat could escape, the wolf jumped on it and quickly killed it. He started eating the goat and thought, "Wow, this is really tasty!"

While enjoying his meal, the wolf suddenly felt a sharp pain in his throat. "Ouch! Something is hurting my throat really bad." He realized there was a piece of bone from the goat stuck in his throat. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't swallow it or get it out. It was making it too painful for him to eat anything.

The wolf knew he needed help, so he thought, "I should find someone who can help me." He remembered seeing a doctor crane with a long beak around. "Maybe the crane can use its beak to get the bone out of my throat. Then I can enjoy eating again."

"Hello, Mr. Crane! How are you?" thought the crane. "Hmm, the wolf looks hungry, I better be careful." But the wolf said, "Don't worry, Mr. Crane, I won't hurt you. I need your help. If you help me, I promise to give you something really valuable."

Curious, the crane asked, "What do you need help with?" The wolf explained, "I have a painful bone stuck in my throat. Can you please use your long beak to take it out?" The crane thought about it and said, "I can help you, but you have to promise to reward me nicely." The wolf agreed and opened his mouth wide.

Using its beak, the crane skillfully pulled out the bone from the wolf's throat. With the bone removed, the wolf felt much better and started walking away. But the crane reminded him, "Hey, where's my reward? You didn't even thank me for helping you."

The wolf chuckled and said, "Thank you for letting me go alive. If you want your reward, you'll have to enter my stomach!" The crane realized that the wolf was trying to trick him and replied, "I don't need a reward that badly. I'd rather save my own life." So, the crane flew away, happy that it had escaped the tricky wolf.

Moral of the story: Don't expect to be rewarded for helping someone who's not kind.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url