Subscribe Our Channel

Selfish Couple Story

Once upon a time, there was a little village near a river. The people there fished to make a living. One of the fishermen was named Hari Prasad. One morning, Hari Prasad and his son arrived at the river early.

Hey! We got here before everyone else. We can catch fish before the other villagers arrive. But hey, Somu, don't bother me. Go play over there. Okay, Dad.

Hari put his fishing line in the river and waited for fish to get caught. Soon, he felt a tug on the line. It seemed like a big catch. He pulled the line quickly but couldn't move it. He needed help from the villagers. He called for Somu,

"Somu… Somu"

Yes, Dad. Tell Mom there's a big fish on the line, and it's really heavy. I might take a while, so she should stop people from coming here. Otherwise, everyone will want some of the fish. Go quickly, okay? Sure, Dad, I'm going.

Somu told his mom, and she started arguing with the woman next door, Sheela. "Sheela… Sheela, I hung my prettiest blue saree here to dry. Where is it? You must have taken it. I saw you here yesterday evening. Last time, you took some of my utensils. Now this saree! Do you want to ruin us?"

Sheela was shocked to be accused of stealing. She wasn't going to stay quiet. "Are you crazy? Why would I take your things? Are we thieves? Do you think you're so rich that everyone wants to steal from you?"

Soon, all the villagers gathered. Instead of fishing, they were caught up in the argument. They asked the village leader to help resolve the problem.

Meanwhile, Hari was tired from trying to pull the fishing line. "Let me see what's caught on the hook." The hook was stuck between two rocks. Hari hit a rock and hurt his head. On the other side, the village leader was questioning the villagers. People started searching Sheela's house.

"Did you find anything?"

"No, sir. There's only Sheela's stuff in her house." That means Sheela was wrongly accused. Sheela was angry. "You tried to lie about me, so now you have to work in my house for free for a month. Do you understand?"

When she got back home, Hari was full of regret and pain. "I was foolish, and I dragged you into my mistake. We should never do something like this again."

Moral of the story: Don't be greedy.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url