Subscribe Our Channel

A dialogue between two friends about chance meeting

Tariq: Hey, Basit! How are you?
Basit: Hi, Tariq! How's it going?
T: I'm doing well, thanks. How about you?
B: I'm good too, thanks. It's been a long time since I last saw you. Where have you been all this time?
T: I went abroad for a few years and just got back last month.
B: Where did you go?
T: First, I went to Saudi Arabia, and then I moved to Iran, where I stayed for three years.
B: I heard Iran has been facing a lot of problems.
T: Yeah, you're right. Iran has been going through a lot of issues, especially with opposition against the Shah's rule. That's why I came back to Pakistan.
B: So, what's your plan now?
T: I'm thinking of going back to Saudi Arabia in a few months.
B: Why not settle down in Pakistan?
T: I do plan to eventually settle here, but it'll take a few more years before I start my own business in Pakistan.
B: You're a Civil Engineer, right? Foreign countries must be paying you well.
T: Definitely, there's good money abroad. But you have to work really hard to earn it.
B: I guess you also have to spend a lot to maintain that lifestyle.
T: Absolutely, living abroad comes with a lot of expenses. What's keeping you busy these days?
B: I've started my own business selling car parts. I have a shop on Litton Road. It's been a decade since we last met.
T: True. Are you married, Basit?
B: Yes, I got married seven years ago, and I'm already a father of three girls. How about you?
T: I got married five years ago, and I have a daughter and a son.
B: What does your wife do?
T: My wife is a college graduate. She prefers taking care of the household. What about your wife?
B: My wife is a science teacher. She's the principal of a high school.
T: That's nice. Nowadays in Pakistan, it's tough to manage expenses if both spouses don't work, right?
B: Absolutely. You got that right. Hey, why don't you come over to my place with your family sometime? We'd love to meet you all.
T: That sounds great. We'd be delighted to visit your family. When should we come?
B: How about this Sunday? You can join us for lunch.
T: Thank you for the invite. We'll be there before 1 p.m. Can you share your address?
B: Sure, it's 5-A Rang Mehal Road, Kasur.
T: Let me grab my notebook and pen. So, you said 5-A Rang Mehal Road, Kasur.
B: That's correct. And here's my phone number in case anything changes. It's 73652293.
T: Got it. I've noted down your number.
B: Great. Looking forward to seeing you, your wife, and kids again.
T: Thanks, take care.
B: You too, goodbye!
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url