Subscribe Our Channel

Story | One In Hand Is Worth Than Two In Bush

Once upon a time, there was a fisherman who liked to go fishing in a river every day. Just like always, he threw his net into the river and patiently waited for the fish to swim into it. He was hoping to catch a lot of fish that day. 

After a while, the fisherman pulled the net out of the water and discovered that he had caught only one tiny fish. He took the fish out of the net and put it in his basket. He was about to throw his net back into the river when the little fish pleaded with him, saying, "Please, sir, put me back in the river, or else I will die."

The fisherman was puzzled and asked, "Why should I do that?" 

The tiny fish explained, "Right now, I am very small and not very useful to you. But if you let me go, I will grow bigger in a few days. Then, you can catch me again, and I will be more useful to you."

The fisherman thought for a moment and replied, "Oh no! I won't let you go now that I have caught you. If I release you back into the river, I might never catch you again. I won't be that foolish. They say you should never give up something certain for something uncertain."

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url