Subscribe Our Channel

My Visit To A Place of Historical Interest (Bagerhat) Composition

My Visit To A Place of History (Bagerhat)

People always want to see and know more, not just content with what they already know. I too like to visit historical places when I get the chance. Last autumn, I had the opportunity to visit Bagerhat, a great historical place.

Bagerhat was founded by Hazrat Khan Jahan Ali, a just and respected saint from the fifteenth century. Back then, it was part of the Sunderbans forest. He cleared the forest, made it habitable, and named it Khalifabad. He built administrative buildings, mosques, and tanks, though they are now in ruins. When I saw these old buildings, I was filled with joy.

The Mazar of Khan Jahan Ali is a one-story building with a beautiful dome, where he was buried. The tomb is made of cut stones, and it is said that they were brought from Chittagong by floating on water. The inscriptions in Arabic on the tomb mention that he died on 25th October, 1459. There's a small mosque nearby, where a close associate of Khan Jahan Ali was buried. A big fair takes place there on the night of the full moon in the month of Chaitra, attracting many people.

In front of the Mazar, there's a large tank called the Dighi of Khan Jahan Ali. Some crocodiles reside in the tank, and the Fakirs call them to feed them. Seeing the Dighi brought me much pleasure.

I also visited the Satgambuj Mosque, a big and beautiful building in good condition. It stands on sixty stone pillars with seventy-seven domes, all made of stones. It's said to have been used as a mosque by Pir Khan Jahan. The mosque is attractive to tourists and visitors.

Near the Satgambuj Mosque, there's a big dighi called Ghora Dighi. It's said that a horse was made to run before digging the Dighi, and the distance it covered determined the length of the Dighi. Hence, the name Ghora Dighi. Visiting this Dighi, I learned about Khan Jahan Ali's social work.

Bagerhat is truly a place of historical interest. I spent eight hours there, saw many historical things, and enjoyed myself. Even after leaving Bagerhat, the memories still linger in my mind.
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url